I've collected various recommendations for places to go, things to see,
clubs to frequent, etc. from postings to alt.gothic and other information sources.
This is a work in progress, and if you would like to add/update/remove something
Travel Stories: what people have seen and done:
Air, rail, traffic, bus fares, schedules, specials:
Specific places that I've stayed or had recommended:
Hotels suggested to me:
- Auberge Alternative in Old Montreal, a nice clean hostel, cheap dorm rates, kitchen, laundry
- Banana Bungalow: right on Broadway, clean but a bit run down
- Days Inn: check the star rating per hotel, some are worse than others
- Global Village Backpackers, Toronto
- Holiday Inn: a bit more pricey, but ubiquitous
- Hotel de Paris in Montreal, relatively good rates, beautiful building with a tower, balcony, small room though, but 24 hour access
- Monte Carlo Casino Resort and Hotel, Las Vegas. Stayed here for a conference in July 98, good room rates, on the Strip
- Sheraton: okay, I stayed at one for a work trip to Vancouver, it was posh
Kauila Kona Hotels:
Enjoy your time at Maui Beach Hotels, Big Island Hotels, Kailua-Kona Hotels as Seaside Hotels Hawaii provides you a genuine hospitality and comfortable rooms at a good value.
Back to my travel page.